Friday, February 13, 2009

She is woman, hear her roar (you go, girl!)

I'm going to make a wild guess here. The blogs are yelping about Stainbrook again today, right? I haven't had any emails verifying this and I refuse to check for myself, but I did see the Blade article today about the court victory Mr. Stainbrook's pal, Kelly Bensman, scored.

To recap...

Bensman and, it appears, mr. Stainbrook believe there was some hanky-panky going on at the Board of Elections during the power struggle for control of the Lucas County GOP. Because they think that hanky-panky unfairly targeted Stainbrook, they want the opportunity to examine public records to see if their assumption is correct. Ms. Bensman went to court to try to persuade the judge to order the BOE to turn over public records she believed were being withheld.

Did she persuade the judge? No.

She persuaded THREE judges. Judges Mark Pietrykowski, Arlene Singer, and Thomas Osowik signed the order.

Mention "Jon Stainbrook" and "court" in the same sentence and it sets off explosions of fury among Stain's enemies. It seems they view the courts as being for other people, not Stain. That's why I think this ruling is going to send some people's blood pressure soaring. That's gotten to be as predictable as the sun's rising and setting. Now this Bensman woman is probably going to make the anti-Stainbrook crowd equally furious.

I was unfamiliar with her so I did some asking around. What I found out is that Ms. Bensman is a tenacious tiger intent on righting wrongs. She is smart, savvy, and a world class researcher. "A force to be reckoned with," one man told me. He is someone who has admired her from afar for years and I suspect he's half-way in love with her, but I believed him nevertheless because he mentioned several examples of her fine work and superior skills. I was impressed.

Knowing that Stainbrook has someone like Ms. Bensman on his team makes me wonder if he needs nobodys like me sticking up for him. Not that I'll quit.

If anything shows up in the blogs about the court victory, will someone please let me know? I don't let my computer visit them.

UPDATE: Just got an email from one of my trusty informants. He says the blogs are not picking up on this new chance to spew hatred for Stainbrook. Is it possible...could it be...might the haters finally be running out of steam? Or is that too much to hope for?