Wednesday, March 4, 2009

It'd be funny if it weren't so unfair.

If what I've been told is true (that people on local blogs are scolding Swampette for posting Jason Webber's private writings, and that some of them are the same people who supported the right of The Toledo Free Press to publish a private book proposal), this strikes me as yet another example of there being one set of rules when it comes to Jon Stainbrook and another set for everyone else.

I've been told the book proposal belonged to Jon and it was not his wish to make it public. He even went to court to try to stop publication of it. Did people come to his defense and trash TTP back then, the way they are now (rightly) trashing Chris Myers? No, at least not according to what I've been told by the person who gave me this background information.

I watched Chris Myers on WTVG last night. His response when asked about the effect of his blog post on Jason Webber's employment was priceless. He oh so obviously knows he harmed the man. You could see it in the panic in his face, especially his eyes. If you have the chance to watch the video, do. And Jason, do you have a good lawyer?