Monday, January 5, 2009

Who you carrying that torch for, Chris?

Laughter's good for the soul and I've certainly had a lot of it lately. Many thanks to those who emailed me the new post that was dumped in the Swamp today. Those parts that I forced myself to read reminded me of a line in a song, the one that goes "Can't take my eyes off of you..." Seems like that's how it is for Chris when it comes to Stainbrook. He just can't quit him, can he? I mean, really, he made a list of everything he thinks Stainbrook has done wrong over the past six months.

Tell me, how does somebody wake up in the morning and decide that's the best possible use of his day?

But wait, that's not what had me laughing till big fat tears started rolling down my cheeks. It was something that ColorCoded sent me, snipped from another local blog called Glass City Jungle: a quote from Chris, the Swampster, explaining why he launched the jonstainbrooksucks.com blog. Before I share that with you, swallow any liquids you have in your mouth because nobody wants your monitor to get spattered.

Ready?

Okay, here goes:

"Actually, the reason I did that was because people are afraid of standing up to Jon. That is my Statue of Liberty in Tiananmen square. So yes I am proud of it and I am showing that people can stand up to people like Carty, Jon or others and not be worried."

No, really. That's what he said. Now I can't get that crazy image out of my mind (the Statue of Liberty in Tiananmen Square, stopping a tank dead in its tracks). To see just how absurd the Myers quote is, take a look at the YouTube video here.

Anybody know if Chris dresses up like Lady Liberty on Halloween? If so, try to get a picture. I'd love to post it.